make new power supply

jims

Putting together a VSM schematic and I need 2 power supplies in the design (the normal 5VDC and a 12VDC supply). Have looked at the "help" but can't seem to get it. Tried this: went to DESIGN>CONFIGURE POWER RAILS>NEW>OK. Can't seem to get a dialogue to connect a new net. Backed off and tried a simple voltage divider circuit in order to assign a 2nd supply. Can't get anything except the normal 5VDC. I must be missing something simple and basic. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jims

nick12ab

Backed off and tried a simple voltage divider circuit in order to assign a 2nd supply. Can't get anything except the normal 5VDC. I must be missing something simple and basic.
You haven't said where this 5VDC supply is coming from. You mention trying a voltage divider circuit to create a 2nd supply and you want 12V+5V, so which do you currently have?

Why can't you seem to get a dialog?

jims

Thanks Nick. I'll send a schematic if/when I figure out how to get it into the thread. I've tried copying it onto my "clipboard" then pasting it into the thread. Doesn't work. Can paste it into microsoft soft OK.
My simple schematic consists of two voltage dividers. Each divider consists of two 10K ohm resistor in series with a ground; and I want to power one with 5VDC from the normal VSM supply and to create a 12VDC supply for the other one. Trying to create it using the VSM DESIGN>CONFIGURE POWER RAILS feature. Can't seem to make it work.
I'll keep trying.

jims

OK finally got it. Really quite simple and it does the job quickly.
Thanks everyone for your assistance.
jims