MacAXEpad confusing me.

M

mkstevo

ScreenGrab.jpg

Hello.
I'm getting confused by the way that MacAXEpad highlights If...EndIf and other conditional loops. I've taken a screen shot which shows what I am confused about.

With the cursor on line 331, I would have expected lines 314 to 331 to be highlighted, as this is my anticipated scope of that particular If...EndIf loop, not lines 322 to 331. Am I doing something wrong? Should the 'Then' statements be on separate lines for example?

MacAXEpad also often seems to insert either too many or too few 'Indents' which could be down to the same reasons. Sadly, as sometimes I can't seem to over-ride the Auto-Indents, I have to turn this feature off.

Of course I 'could' emulate Windows in VirtualBox and use the Windows version. But then the highlighting doesn't work at all. But the Simulator does...

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I recall this issue was present some time ago but was resolved so make sure you are using the latest version of MacAXEpad -

http://www.picaxe.com/Software/PICAXE/AXEpad

If the problem persists we will have to investigate further but using an older version would seem to be the most likely cause of the issue.

M

mkstevo

I know it's been a while since Hippy posted his kind response but I've only just got around to checking my version number, believing I had the most recent version...

After checking it appeared that I had a copy of V1.4.1 and a newer version V1.5.0 was available from the link in Hippy's post. I've (today) downloaded the newer version and as pointed out the problem I'd complained of regarding the conditional highlighting does appear to have been fixed. I have not yet had time to check the indenting annoyances I was having.

The conditional highlighting is such a wonderful tool, it makes life so much easier for checking the scope of a conditional test. Seeing if the location of the If...Else...If...Else...EndIf...EndIf statements will give the anticipated results saves so much head scratching at a later date.