Lookup Tables in Logicator

grout56

Is there a facility,process that allows multiple lookup tables (and variables within them) and outputting to a port (as in picaxe) within logicator ?

grout56

Hi

I'm looking to read a variable (dec /hex) from a lookup table(s) and send it to multiple 7 seg displays (mpx).
So that the display indicate in incrementing count (from right to left) of the increasing count.
It works fine in Picaxe (28x1) code.

I'm just trying to simplify it in Logicator,but from what I can see there's just an Eprom read table with single digit variable, or am missing something.

Thanks for your reply nick

nick12ab

there's just an Eprom read table with single digit variable, or am missing something.
The idea of that is that you use the EEPROM command in a data cell to preload up to 256 bytes of EEPROM with data and the variable (e.g. A) that you select for the EEPROM location to read from is the variable that contains the address you want to read so you can put it in a loop and use whatever variable is being used for the loopcounter.

I'm pretty sure preloading beyond sixteen EEPROM locations requires the BASIC cell, so if you're already using those 16 EEPROM locations, you can use a BASIC cell with this and location 16 is a 0 on the display so you just add 16 to your variable
Code:
eeprom 16,($3F,$06,$5B,$4F,$66,$6D,$7C,$07,$7F,$67)
Note that the EEPROM and write commands are different. Also note that the first time you load the display values, you'll need to do 'Convert To Basic' in Logicator and remove '#no_table' and '#no_data' in order to pre-load this data. If you're not using the first 10 EEPROM locations, you can use them instead and then you don't have to add anything to your variable.

I'd also recommend use of the SETFREQ command if you're multiplexing displays.

nick12ab

Forgot to mention - the 7-segment hex codes assume that the pin ordering of the port (or shift register) in use is a,b,c,d,e,f,g,dp with a being output 0 and dp being output 7.