Logicator v3.51 often crashes

GrahamGo

I have ordered some Picaxe kits, but in the meantime decided to play with Logicator. This is the latest version installed on a W7 32bit machine. However, when I try the simplest loops such as Start-high1-wait1-low1-wait1-loop back. If I let this run, after a few minutes I get the popup "PIC-Logicator has stopped working - close program".

I do not have any PIC hardware running, although the program is apparently talking to com:1

I have searched this forum but cannot find anyone having the crash problem, so could this be due to the missing PIC hardware?

nick12ab

I have ordered some Picaxe kits, but in the meantime decided to play with Logicator. This is the latest version installed on a W7 32bit machine. However, when I try the simplest loops such as Start-high1-wait1-low1-wait1-loop back. If I let this run, after a few minutes I get the popup "PIC-Logicator has stopped working - close program".
It doesn't crash on Windows 7 64-bit (no 32-bit Windows 7 to try) or on 32-bit Windows 8 developer preview.

Have you tried re-installing Logicator using the 3.51 full installer? (not the 3.50 installer + patch). Also, ensure that .NET Framework 1.1 and 3.5 are installed - a program may start with only a different version installed but certain parts may not work properly.

I do not have any PIC hardware running, although the program is apparently talking to com:1... so could this be due to the missing PIC hardware
The only times when the program is talking to any COM ports is when you're either downloading it or using the Live ICE function, both of which require PICAXE hardware to be present.

GrahamGo

Thanks I will try the 3.51 full installer version. I dont think .NET Framework 1.1 or 3.5 are installed. I can only find Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile in the Uninstall or change a program section.

So do I have to find both 1.1 and 3.5 and install them manually?

GrahamGo

nick12ab

Thanks for the links. I will try this when we get back from vacation, currently whale watching / petting in Mexico. I will post here if it fixes the crash problem.
Slightly off-topic, but are you posting from a windows 7 32-bit laptop or netbook? If so, you could see if it works on that.

GrahamGo

Slightly off-topic, but are you posting from a windows 7 32-bit laptop or netbook? If so, you could see if it works on that.
Sorry, posted from an iPad. I don't own a laptop using 32bit, mine uses W7 64bit. I am just now installing .NET1.1 and V3.6 from the download section and will see how that goes, Its also a clean W7 32bit install. I will skip installing .NET3.5 for now.

GrahamGo

Sorry, posted from an iPad. I don't own a laptop using 32bit, mine uses W7 64bit. I am just now installing .NET1.1 and V3.6 from the download section and will see how that goes, Its also a clean W7 32bit install. I will skip installing .NET3.5 for now.
Just for the record. This setup seems to be fine now.

GrahamGo

Just for the record. This setup seems to be fine now.