Logicator needs to close message?

JPB33

I am getting the "Logicator has encountered a problem and needs to close" message a lot. It seems to be at random and it is getting so frequent it is annoying!

Is it my pc, do I need to download the program again ?

Thanks Peter

JPB33

Tried that but still the same. Seems to throw me out at random---are there any known combinations of anything which can cause this?

nick12ab

Tried that but still the same. Seems to throw me out at random---are there any known combinations of anything which can cause this?
Don't think so. Logicator just likes to crash.

4.jpg

Did you definately do both the things I asked you to do?

Have you tried using this patch?

What version of Windows are you using?

What are you doing at the time that it crashes?

Is your computer actually stable? Check using Prime95 and memtest86+.

JPB33

Thanks for your reply. Tried all of those option with no change.

I am using 3 flowcharts which have repeat and loop in them, have I exceeded a limit to what can be used? also is there a better more detailed description of logicator commands?

l am Using the t pack guide and logicator guide but not everything seems to be covered very well, unless I have missed them somewhere?

Peter

JPB33

Clicking content gets a message of "sorry error loading the web page". How do I attach the flowchart to my reply?

nick12ab

Clicking content gets a message of "sorry error loading the web page".
It shopuldn't do. Try these links: - you will need to right-click then and click 'Copy link location' and paste it into the address bar.
How do I attach the flowchart to my reply?
attachments.jpg

JPB33

Thanks for the graphic---brilliant help, would never have managed it without it, see attached for my chart. This runs but crashes and produces the message. I have shortened the wait times to save testing time. Also when I try and download to the picaxe I get an error message. I can successfully download and run another very similar other program. What am I doing wrong?

The first paste up link does not work and second I have found and used before, it helps but does not go far enough for a novice like me I am afraid

Attachments

nick12ab

When I ran it Logicator crashed for me too. I even tried rebuilding the flowsheet in a new file (because Logicator regularly breaks/corrupts files) and it still crashed.

I even tried using the little slider in the statusbar to reduce simulation speed and it still crashed.

It doesn't look like you're doing anything wrong. In fact it's quite normal to want to check something in a constant loop.

Sometimes the simulation icons on the toolbar would change (if it didn't crash straight away) to indicate that the simulation has stopped even though it hasn't. I noticed that when only one task is used it doesn't crash or muck up the icons on the toolbar but it should not crash at all since the software is intended for schoolchildren and multitasking is very important to them.

Rev-Ed really need to do something about it.

Have you considered switching to BASIC code?

JPB33

Thanks for checking it for me, it certainly seems to get worse the more that is added and did wonder how the schools manage with it. Did you try and download it to the picaxe as that produces another error code and stops the download?

Everyone says to use BASIC and probably right but I am not sure if I can manage that just yet! Does anything ever get sorted with Logicator problems like this or who does it need flagging up to?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There is a known simulation issue with multiple parallel tasks in very tight loops as you have, this is something we are working on fixing. At present it is best to simulate one parallel task at a time if you are having this issue (ie delete the extra starts so you only have 1 start in the flowchart).

JPB33

Thanks for the message, will do that, good to know the issue is known and underway to being fixed and at least the simulation runs, powerful tool logicator!

What about when I try and download I get the error message so that I cannot try the program as a controller---anything I can do about that? Thanks

do until > and pin.c=0 'repeat line #58,col#15. error:syntax error

nick12ab

do until > and pin.c=0 'repeat line #58,col#15. error:syntax error
Probably another Logicator bug. Can you use the 'Convert to BASIC' function in Logicator and copy and paste the code that appears in to [code][/code] tags in your next reply? I'm only asking that because pin.c=0 seems unbelieveable and pinc.=0 seems more likely so I want to make sure. That would suggest that Logicator is failing to stick in the pin number or you forgot to specify the pin number in a command somewhere.

JPB33

Re installed Logicator and the patch to make sure they are together and pleased to report a big improvement. It has still crashed a couple of times but its useable unlike before and I can download to the picaxe chip. Need to do more work on the hardware (heater) before I can try it in the real world but its looking good and many thanks for your prompt help---powerful tool logicator!

JPB33

I am afraid it has gone back to crashing again with loops and wont let me download, putting an error message up. The revision is still show as V3.6.7 witha date of 19/12/12 so not sure whats happening or what has changed?

JPB33

Discovered that it had reverted back to build 6.5. Re installed everything again and got version back on 3.67 and all is working again.

I have un installed all other versions I can find but wonder if it opened an older version somewhere?