Logicator frequency change

Lord Grezington

i need to change the frequency of the 08M chip using logicator.

i know i need to use the Basic function straight after the Start and type in "SETFREQ M8".

But, i remember reading somewhere (probably one of the manuals) that i need to change the download frequency to 8Mhz as well, or i will need to do a master re-set back to 4Mhz. In the Picaxe programming editor you can easily change this, but how would i do it in logicator?

Lord Grezington

Can you Break the chip by switching very fast?

Hi,

I downloaded the following program onto the 08M chip.

main:
label_2: high 1
pause 1 'Wait command
low 1
pause 1 'Wait command
goto label_2

This was done originally on output 2, it worked for a few minutes then stopped.

I then downloaded onto Pin 1 (stupidly), again after a few minutes this stopped working as well. As this pin is required for download i can no longer connect.

westaust55

But, i remember reading somewhere (probably one of the manuals) that i need to change the download frequency to 8Mhz as well, or i will need to do a master re-set back to 4Mhz. In the Picaxe programming editor you can easily change this, but how would i do it in logicator?
See PICAXE manual 2 (currently V7.5) page 221

The PE can always handle currently available M, X, M2, X1 or X2 (don't know about some very early chips) PICAXE chip at 4 or 8 MHz.

westaust55

Should also mention/remind that when you change the PICAXE clock speed and use the SERTXD (or SERRXD where available) then you will also need to adjust the baudrate setting to match in the PE terminal [F8] window.
See details with the SERTXD command on page 210 of PICAXE manual 2 (currently V7.5)

Lord Grezington

Hi,

I downloaded the following program onto the 08M chip.

main:
label_2: high 1
pause 1 'Wait command
low 1
pause 1 'Wait command
goto label_2

This was done originally on output 2, it worked for a few minutes then stopped.

I then downloaded onto Pin 1 (stupidly), again after a few minutes this stopped working as well. As this pin is required for download i can no longer connect.
What i meant by this is that both pin1 and pin2 are now dead and can not used. (perhaps i somehow blew one of the transistors). iI needed to change the chip.