LED020 & LED021 data sheets available?

Odessa

I did not see any data sheet available for the LED021 infra-red LED on the RE store website; does anyone know if any is available for that, and if not, at least the manufacture's name and part number? Perhaps it is the TSAL62 by Vishay, as shown in the TSOP18 series (Rev-Ed LED020 part) datasheet?

There is a data sheet available for the LED020 infra-red sensor, but there is no way for me to tell the carrier center frequency without the exact part#; i.e. how can I tell if I was shipped the TSOP1830 or the TSOP1840, or one of those in between them?

I am surprised they do not include this information in the shipping package with the devices and suggest they do so in the future....

Thanks in advance for any assistance, Odessa.

Last edited:

eclectic

@Odessa

See for example, Manual 2 page 94

infraout
Syntax:
INFRAOUT device,data
- device is a constant/variable (valid device ID 1-31)
- data is a constant/variable (valid data 0-127)
Function:
Transmit an infra-red signal, modulated at 38kHz.

e

Odessa

Thanks, Eclectic. Your answer, if always correct, would mean that ONLY the TSOP1838 device is shipped. I would prefer further confirmation that this is true, if available (anyone have this?).

For some applications the 36, 37, or even 33 may be substituted for the 1838 without too much of a problem, however, the TSOP data sheet shows the -3dB point at ~ +/- 5KHz from the center frequency. Since the Picaxe parts' internal oscillator is near 1-3% over temp and supply voltage, that is much tighter than the rolloff characteristic of the bandpass to half power, so to optimze usage distance and angle, it is important to get the center frequency of the xmitter as close as possible to the expected center frequency of the receiver.

I have to know which part has been shipped to me.

Odessa.

westaust55

IR LED and Receiver

Odessa,

Datasheet for the Rev Ed LED020: http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/docs/TSOP18.pdf

From Figure 10 in this Rev Ed (Vishay) datasheet the optimal wavelength is 950 nm.

With respect to the IR LED, the PIXACE infrout command modulates the IR LED at 38kHz so any matching LED with similar wavelength will suffice.
irout
Syntax:
IROUT pin,device,data
- pin is a variable/constant (0-7) which specifies the i/o pin to use.
- device is a constant/variable (valid device ID 1-31)
- data is a constant/variable (valid data 0-127)
Function:
Transmit an infra-red signal, modulated at 38kHz.
I would suggest the TechSupplies IR Receiver module is the 38KHz version.

Herre are the specs of two available locally to me in W.A. MicroZed as the Aust EREV ED agents also sell an IR LED with a 940nm wavelength. Presume this is as per the Jaycar LED mentioned below.

= = = = = = =

Jaycar ZD1945 = 5mm Infrared Transmitting LED has a blue transparent lens.
Specifications:
- Forward Current (If): 50mA max
- Peak forward current (Ip): 1.2A
- Forward Voltage (VF): 1.2V @ 20mA
- Reverse Voltage (VR): 5V max
- Power Dissipation (Pd): 100mW max
- Viewing Angle: 30°
- Peak Spectral Wavelength(IR): 940nm @ 20mA
- Spectral Bandwidth (DI): 50nm@20mA
- Material: GaAs

Altronics Z0880 5mm Infra-Red LED
Specifications:
- Viewing Angle: 20°
- Voltage Typical: 1.4V
- Voltage Max: 2.0V
- Brightness: 12mcd
- Current Continuous: 50mA
- Current Peak: 1A

Last edited:

Odessa

Ok, Guys, I will assume the 38KHz modulated version of the receiver is what was shipped to me.

WestAust, thanks for the data on the xmitter.

Odessa.

inglewoodpete

You will find that the IR detector's resonance is not all that sharp. I have not had problems with many IR detectors used between 35kHz and 40kHz. Of course, they are more senstitive at their centre frequency.