LCD Smartie Problem

Tec_

any one use LCD smartie

im having a little bit of a problem that is kind of picaxe related but has to do with LCD's

i have this lcd controller that was on phandersons site. i am using phandersons #118 lcd chip and this LCD

i can get LCD smartie to output to the screen, but it appears 3 space to the right and cuts off the first bit(some times) and if i try to change screens, scroll, or send a "usage bar" to the screen the entire thing go's bat sh1t crazy. things appear on the wrong line and in the wrong place.

but if i output just one thing, like cpu speed it works properly except for the fact that it eats the first bit. and that when it refreshes instead of rewriting it on the correct line it leaves the old one ware it was and wrights the new one on the next line down.

its driving me nuts and im trying to describe this the best that i can but its just so frusterating being so close and having it do like 94% of what i want it to

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
It could likely be that the PC application / driver isn't sending whatever that phanderson controller expects.

You'll probably be better off asking on the LCD Smartie forum. You may need to change and re-compile LCD smartie to use the controller ( or coerce someone into doing that for you ) ...

http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/ - Inlcudes link to furum