LCD Scroling

craig008

Hi there i need some help, i need to make the first line of my LCD display scroll to display a long message, what commands do i need to give the display to make this happen, what is the most amount of letter that you would addvice storing on the buffer for srolling??

any help with this would be grand, many thanks
________
Marijuana Joint

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Is this for the AXE033 module ( serial or I2C ), a parallel connected LCD or some other LCD module ?

As I understand it, the LCD shift commands cause the entire display to be shifted so it's not simple to scroll just one line that way. The easiest way is to just rewrite the line you want shifted but starting from a different first character. That way it has all the appearences of just one line being shifted.

craig008

the lcd is seria, not worried about whole screen shifting.

anyways while i am here i have another question, while the LCD is connected to the 28 esperimenter board through a bread board it works fine but when i conect it to my project it does nothing, i will do some more indepth checks but cant find an a reason at the mo
________
K1100lt

Last edited:

craig008

fixed it at first be changing the pin it wires to!! kinda odd but has stopped working again, i was thinking there may not be ebough current to make the digital high, dunno what to do about this
________
Yamaha Psr-S500 Specifications

Last edited:

andrew_qld

What voltage are you running it at? Most LCD's like a good 5 volts (especially if they are backlit). If you have used 3 x AA batteries in series this will only give you about 4.5-4.8 volts depending on how fresh they are.

BeanieBots

It's just three wires!!!
Power, PICAXE output pin and 0v.
There should not be anything else on the PICAXE pin.
LCD is a 10k load. PICAXE has enough current to run ~50 of them!