Lcd cursor

Puuhaaja

Hello again! I have recently purchased this kind of oled screen http://www.techsupplies.co.uk/epages/Store.sf/secafe0dba417/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.TechSupplies/Products/AXE133Y

I am planning a sofware where different kind of parameters are being changed by using ir remotecontroller like "xx,xx miles" When chancing parameters I want cursor to be blinking. At the moment I can get underscore line blinking and the whole character blinking. Sometimes my lcd screen has made little mistake and instead of character or underscore there has been a yellow tile which have been blinking. That yellow tile would be perfect for my project but I don't know how to get it working. From the link http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/WS0010.pdf and from the page 8 you can see characters what my lcd can show now. That yellow tile is situated on the right and on the down (HHHH,HHHH). Maximum character number which lcd can show is 252 and yellow tile is number 255 so I can't get on the lcd screen at all. If you have any information I will be thankful about that. Negative character mode would be also good foor that.

westaust55

From the datasheet you provide a link to, the Winstar OLED display does have a ”Display Character Blink” feature. See also page 27.
You need to:
1. Set the “B” bit in the Display On/Off control register during intialisation
(See datasheet page 19 for 8-it interface mode and page 20 if using the 4-bit interface mode. Page 22 has the OLED instruction commands table showing bit "B")
2. Set the Address Counter (AC) value to match the corresponding character location on the OLED display that you wish to have blinking

To set that “Blinking” mode you need to amend the AXE133 software in the 18M2 chip.
http://www.picaxe.com/downloads/axe133.bas.txt

Where there is the line:
let pinsB = %00001100 ; Display on, no cursor, no blink

I believe you ened to change this to
let pinsB = %00001101 ; Display on, no cursor, with blink

Puuhaaja

Where there is the line:
let pinsB = %00001100 ; Display on, no cursor, no blink

I believe you ened to change this to
let pinsB = %00001101 ; Display on, no cursor, with blink
I tried to do that, but still only character or underscoreline are blinking. I have always got it blinking but never with yellow tile which I have seen few times when there's been somekind of error etc.

1. Set the “B” bit in the Display On/Off control register during intialisation
(See datasheet page 19 for 8-it interface mode and page 20 if using the 4-bit interface mode. Page 22 has the OLED instruction commands table showing bit "B")
2. Set the Address Counter (AC) value to match the corresponding character location on the OLED display that you wish to have blinking
I have no idea how to do that or was that same procedure as I did.

Anyways! Thanks for you answer Westaust55

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Use a SEROUT....(254,$FF) - That should put up the 7x5 block of yellow which you can then blink, which is what I think you are after.