lcd alarm function

Hi guys, has anyone experienced props with the SERIAL/I2C LCD AND CLOCK (V2). I have the ds1307 fitted. The time is set and displayed, the alarm is programmed, but 'OUT' does NOT go high for 5 secs as the manual suggests? I have tried it both with and without the clk jumpers. Any ideas appreciated AM79
using 18x and its the 2nd edition lcd package using serout.

No ideas? just wondering if its a technical hitch or just me (usually me)...heard somewhere the alarm function wasnt available yet....but all other documentation says evrything should work. Bought the lcd with clock upgrade from rev ed.

cheers

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I do recall a previous post having similar problems but I'm not sure if it was the same or what the resolution was.

westaust55

Please upload you program so we can look for any obvious errors.

The "CLK" jumper must definitely be removed for the AXE033 to act as anything other than a simple time display.

Have you made sure that you have exactly 16 characters including spaces between the quote marks?

Are you trying to set an alarm for a specific time or repeating every x seconds/minutes/hours?

Hi there,

thanks for the suggestions.
I did make sure there were 16 spaces, and I have tried with and without the clk jumper. I have also tried both a specific time and the repeat alarm (shown). Still no joy. The program is included if you have the time to have a look. The 'goto' will be more advanced but not even getting a 'high' from the lcd 'out' (multimeter) at the moment. cheers Am79

Code:
'**prog-time

'init: pause 500
'main: serout 7,N2400,(253,0,"07/02/09 00:21  ")
'pause 1000
'serout 7,N2400, (0)
'end

'**prog-alarm
'main: serout 7,N2400, (253,9,"00:00:05        ")
'pause 1000
'end

'**PROG message

'main: serout 7,N2400,(253,1,"TIME AND DATE   ")
'pause 1000
'end

'**DISP MESSAGE

init: pause 500

main:
serout 7,N2400, (1)
pause 10
serout 7,N2400, (0)
pause 500

IF PIN0 = 1 THEN beeb

GOTO MAIN

beeb:

HIGH 6
PAUSE 3000
LOW 6
PAUSE 3000
GOTO MAIN

sorry, should be more clear, the **prog time/alarm/ message were programed into the axe 033 first. Then I just run the **DISP MESSAGE prog later
cheers am79