Labyrinth

erco

I started posting about a new project in stan74's thread, but it makes sense to start a dedicated thread on this one.

I'm modifying a labyrinth maze-style game to make it servo-driven.

Here's the original toy.

erco

Here are a pic of the 08M2 control circuit and a video of today's first test. This project is really fun to code, even though it's just continuous testing and brute force servo & timing delays. Teaches much about gravity, acceleration, mechanical systems (bouncing, etc). If anyone else wants to build their own, here's a link to the original toy I ordered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/293414657604

Attachments

Buzby

Excellent work !.

It's behaving a lot better than I expected, I think the 'walls' help.

Cheers,

Buzby

Buzby

Thinking ahead, to make the machine run continuously, you are going to need a way to reset the ball back to the start.

A rather cool method would be to run the ball back through the maze. This would take twice as much code, but no more difficult than what you've done already. Another way would be a magnet or claw on a swinging arm.

Also, I think you will need a recovery mechanism, for when the ball doesn't do as programmed. This could happen if somebody bumps the table, etc.

Cheers,

Buzby

premelec

I remember as a kid we used to flip the knobs violently getting ball to jump barriers... ;-0 Would be interesting to see what erco has done on it...