Junior/Senior Members

gbrusseau

I am new to this forum and have noticed that some of us are junior members and some are senior menbers. I haven't been called junior in over 40 years. What does this designations mean?

sedeap

Funny

Wow...
that's funny thing...
but here, the "ages" are counted in "post's years"... one useful post=one "year" ...
:p hahaha

So, keep with us, post your minds, and becomes seniors.

BrendanP

just plain full of it

It means that as a senior you are full of the wisdom of the ages etc. etc. or maybe just plain full of it.

I suppose it gives people some sort of indication as to how long you've been around the forum.

I've never seen anyone give 'off the wall' advice here anyway, they'd be corrected/disagreed with rapidly if they did.

This is great forum, I used to participate in a working dog forum, people used to attack,denigrate and revile other members. Theres none of that here.

Old Stiff: 42

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We've changed Junior to New!

New Member = less than 30 posts
Member = less than 100
Senior Member = more than 100

If you are very senior you can hide your age by becoming a moderator ;-)

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
This is great forum, I used to participate in a working dog forum, people used to attack,denigrate and revile other members. Theres none of that here.
One of the very best I've found which is to the credit of everyone who comes here for help and those giving help. There are very few forums which have such a wide age range of people participating so harmoniously.

ylp88

Yeah, so what is the deal with the beginning-of-unix-time "join" dates?
Possibly because the join dates weren't recorded on the old forums so when the forum was transferred to this format/type/style, it was just left blank...

ylp88

gbrusseau

I've never felt so young as I now do, when in this forum. I went from Junior to New. All I can say is goo..goo, gaa..gaa please change my diaper and where is my bottle. Ha,ha.

Denzel - I have grandkids older than you, yet you are a Senior Member. Way to go. I aspire to be like you!