Irout 28x1

tim griff

Hi,
Has anyone got any thoughts on this, I'm stuck.

I'm trying to communicte using IR. I'm using a 28X1 as the transmitter using the code below

for ir_loop = 1 to 5
IROUT 7,1,key_value
pause 45
next

ir diode on pin7 and the key_value are between 0 and 17.

The receiver is a 08M using INFRAIN2. The receiver responds to a Sony remote, and perform all the correct function.

I've looked at the the transmitters IR diode through a digital camera and can "see" that the diode is sending something out; the tramsmitter not operate my Sony TV.

Help please.

Tim

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I'm a little unclear - Are you trying to communicate with the 08M or the Sony TV ?

What does the 08M actually receive, anything ?

I tested 28X1 to 08M and this worked okay for me, showing numbers 0 to 127 then repeating using Terminal ...

#Picaxe 28X1
Do
IrOut 7, 1, b0
Pause 500
b0 = b0+1
Loop

#Picaxe 08M
Do
InfraIn2
SerTxd( #infra, " " )
Loop

tim griff

Sorry Hippy for not making it clear.
I'm trying to get a 28X1 to communicate with an 08M.(one way 28X1 to 08M)

The 08M does not receive anything from the 28X1. I only mention the remotes for testing.

ie the 08M does recieve and work if I use a Sony TV commercial remote
my Sony TV does not respond to my 28X1

regards
Tim

Andrew Cowan

I assume you have it corrected correctly (resistor, capacitor etc).

Just because you see light doesn't mean the timing is correct.

A

tim griff

Hi Andrew,

I think the "receiver part of the project( 08M chip, capacitor, resistor) is working OK as the receiver responds to my Sony remote.

The light( visible by looking at it using a digital camera) I refer to is coming out of the tramsmitter(28X1)

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Check the IR LED+R is wired between Output Pin 7 ( leg 28 ) and 0V ( not to +V ). Then I'd suggest running the two test programs above on their respective PICAXE's.

tim griff

Fixed,

Thanks for all you help. I used an unknown IR diode, which seems to have a low output. i've just put in a transistor driver( making sure not to invert) and all works fine.

For info I've included a picture of the project, which is a night light for my granddaughter. I've cut out her name in thick plastic and mounted 3 colour( RGB) leds in the base. the IR tramsmitter allows her to pick the colour or light pattern, also the other circle on the front is a mic which I've built her sound to light.

Thanks again

Attachments

eclectic

@Tim

Great looking project.
Dare I ask how long the wood / perspex fabrication took?

How about a full writeup in the
Finished Projects section?

e

Last edited:

tim griff

Hi electic,

i'm lucky to have access to a laser cutter so the letters took about 20 mins. The maple base I planed by hand and then I " milled" out the bottom using a router; this took 3 hours. The perspex spigots that the letters are mounted on I turned on my lathe - 20 mins

I must make time to do the write up if you think fellow members would be interested.

Regards
Tim

eclectic

Hi electic,

i'm lucky to have access to a laser cutter so the letters took about 20 mins. The maple base I planed by hand and then I " milled" out the bottom using a router; this took 3 hours. The perspex spigots that the letters are mounted on I turned on my lathe - 20 mins

I must make time to do the write up if you think fellow members would be interested.

Regards
Tim
Go for it!

e