IR Receiver / IR LED using AXE091 DEV BOARD and 08M2

rhf1981

I have recently purchased the AXE091 Developmental Board and had some questions regarding the IR LED and IR-Receiver that are located on the board. I do not have a lot of experience with IR Receivers and noticed on many of the forum's posts that the IR LED needed to be pulsed for the IR Receiver to be used as lets say a break screen. I managed to get my IR receiver & IR LED to work, but the sensitivity is none adjustable with the program I am using (probably not set-up right). I am posting a couple pics of the BASIC code and Logicator Flow chart that I created.

One question I have about IR receivers, do IR Receivers have a specific pulse width fequency and duty cycle associated to them? If not, how do you adjust the sensitivity? I have tried messing around with the frequency and duty cycle in the program, but was unable to adjust the sensitivity. Any variation and my break screen would not work.

Again, searching for any info to shed some light on the IR Receiver subject. Thanks in advance for any info provided.