IR 455 kHz link for programming the picaxe chip

jan h

Gentleman,

For those who followed the progress in designing a IR system who can be used to program the Picaxe-chips, the imposible became possible. I reached a distance up to 3.2 meters. To increase this to 5 meter is just a matter of time. Both channels work on 455 kHz and a "ïnterlock" between the Xmitter and receiver is used to avoid 'shouting in your own ear" Futhermore 3 08M are used with embedded software to control the proces, 1 on the receiving site (the uP to be programmed) and 2 on the "editor" site. Various standard 74HCTXX's are used to make the impossible possible. I hope that there is a possibility on this site to publish the drawings and description. In the meanwhile a search is in progress to replace the IR part with a RF link. I think that the "programming process" knowledge is vital when using RF instead of IR. Most of the tricks are always valid regardless the transmission medium.

moxhamj

Very impressive. I love it when someone says "can't be done" and someone else simply takes that as a challenge to do it!

I think this would be of great interest for others. Re publishing - a series of photos and text for each photo is a good format. You could either put it on the 'finished projects' part of the forum or put it on the Instructables website. I have done either in the past and more recently I have been doing both. I like to just fire up Word and start writing, then add the pictures in between the text and copy in the code and when all the spelling errors are fixed etc, copy and paste it to other websites.

Please publish!

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Congratulations are deserved. It's been one of those projects which no one else has been able to take to this level. Good luck with the wireless version.

jan h

IR 455 kHz

I shall prepare the documents and basic drawings and embedded software.. I can use WORD to generate a HTML document. I think understanding how the forum works. ( sorry am technical not ICT oriented)

So just wait a few days.