Internal Exception access violation in module 'AXEVSM.DLL'

kfahrner

When I try to run my source code on VSM, I receive the above error message.

When, instead, I step through in Debug mode, a 'goto' instruction ends up in 'nowhere territory', meaning that the program window goes gray and reads 'No source line at PC address (PC=01CE)'.
I am using a 14M processor, and the Simulation Error Log says 'PICAXE-14M VSM Model 0.0.4 (c).....'. Does this mean I am running the latest VSM version?

I have tried to change the labels involved, but the result remains the same.

However, the program runs visibly well through all sub routines using the Simulator in the Programming Editor. I have also downloaded and (hopefully installed) the official VSM version - but it makes no difference.

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks and kind regards Klaus

Mycroft2152

K,

Post the dsn file and source code as attachments, so we can take a look at it. Our crystal balls are still not working.

Myc

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This error message generally indicates a bug in the the simualtion of a command in the simulator module file (axevsm.dll) for that particular part. If you post your .dsn and .bas files we can check it out for you.

kfahrner

Upload of files

Please find attached the dsn and bas files.
The problem occurs when the statement goto disp is executed, although the program runs through all sub routines in Programming Editor - Simulate.

More info is in the original thread.

I hope I am doing the upload right - never done it before.

Thanks very much for your offer.

Kind regards Klaus

Attachments

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
There was a simple bug in the peek command simulation which we have now fixed.

Rename the attachment to this post as "axevsm.zip"

Then extract out of it the two files axevsm.dll and axevsm1.dll, and copy over the files with the same name in the picaxe vsm/models sub folder. You should then be runnning version 1.0.1 dll.

Attachments

LordPhobos

Same problem, different story

Hi there, I'm getting the same error message, but it's not related to the Peek command - I'm not using Peek, and I tried the new models here, it didn't help.

I'm posting the source files, hope someone can help :)

---------------

EDIT: After a bit of playing with the simulator, it appears the problem might be with the 'dirs=' command.
Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

Last edited:

timareagan

Same error

I too am getting the same error when I enable let dirs in my program using the 08m picaxe. Has there been a resolve to this. If i rem out the command then it works fine.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This is a dirs/pins bug we will fix in 1.0.2

As a temporary workaround change any
let dirs = x
to
let dirs = x + 0

Functionally this is the same, but forces the simulator to skip the bug!