Interesting new USB Picaxe modules seen

Mycroft2152

Its maybe a new eBay seller but the name sounded familiar, Advanced Micro Circuits is the new name for World Education Services. a US PICAXE distributer.

Myc

Texy

That micro-90 seems very good value, especially as it includes the usb download cable.

Texy

moxhamj

Nice prices! $10 for a 28X1. Here in Australia we are paying $22. Exchange rate is 90c to the $1US. Worth importing a few at that price. My 18X is running out of space and the 28X1 instruction set is looking very tempting.

Addit: $10.50 for a 40X1. Microzed are charging $27.50. Hmm. Worth shopping around - picaxe prices are falling!

Last edited:

Mycroft2152

Nice prices! $10 for a 28X1. Here in Australia we are paying $22. Exchange rate is 90c to the $1US. Worth importing a few at that price. My 18X is running out of space and the 28X1 instruction set is looking very tempting.

Addit: $10.50 for a 40X1. Microzed are charging $27.50. Hmm. Worth shopping around - picaxe prices are falling!
Dr. A,

It's a global economy now.

Even with shipping costs, you can save money by buying 'off shore'.

Just watch out for the VAT or other 'fees"your govenment wants to collect.

Also watch out for the "handling fees" that some vendors include to increase their profits.

Myc

Craftybytes

Would there be any PICAXE'ers here in Australia interested in purchasing one or two (or more) of these "USB 28X1" module boards..?

Went onto 'World Education Services' website and found that the shipping costs to Australia just for 1x 'module' is @ US$35.00 (AUS$39.32) - so a little on the expensive side after paying US$26.00 (AUS$29.22) for 1 x 'module' - total cost = AUS$68.55..!!

However if some of you Aussies wish to be involved in a "bulk" order (10 +) of these modules - maybe we can pitch in as a group for 10 (or more) and only pay the 1x 'shipping' charge..?

If interested - please post here asap - the current exchange rate is at AUS$0.89 to US$1.00 - so we need to get in before it starts going down further..!!

crafty.

Hooter

Crafty - I may be interested in 1 and a few 28X1's. Where abouts in Qld are you?
I live in Brisbane.
Hooter

Craftybytes

Hi Hooter,

I live in Killarney - 32 kms from Warwick (up on the Darling Downs)..

For other Aussie PICAXE'rs interested - I'm hoping that quite a few of us can pool in for the cost and do a "bulk" (group) purchase of these 'USB Picaxe' modules and only have to fork out for the 1x 'shipping' costs (e.g.. US$35.00 for 3 Kg package)..

If a go'er, I see the only extra cost will be for the Aussie 'postal' charge to each buyer from this main 'bulk' purchaser's location - hopefully no more than a $2.00 stamp or thereabouts..

Myself being on a basic 'pension' am however willing to do my bit - anybody else up for it..?

crafty.