Inline assembler?

Dingo_aus

I don't know if it is possible to do but it would be really good if it was possible to have the ability to write (for example) PIC16F88 assembler in the middle of a PICAXE program. Similar to using inline assembler in MSVC++

This would assist in learning and would allow time critical code to execute as fast as possible.

Dingo_aus

I thought this would be a hot topic. Just to clarify what I'm talking about, I envisage something like this:

pin 6 = high
pause 2000
asm_begin
mov $01, $02
asm_end
pin 6 = low

or something along those lines

EDIT: BTW I know that isn't valid assembler - I'm yet to learn what is - hence why I think this would be a good idea. BTW as the primary market is UK schools, do they have advanced classes that use assembler? If they'd did or something similar then this would help sales one would think

Edited by - Dingo_aus on 9/3/2004 7:39:00 AM

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
It is not possible to mix assembler into PICAXE programs. This is due to the way the system functions.

However you can achieve the same goal by using the Prog Editor in 'assembler code' mode and converting the BASIC program into assembler, and then adding more of your own assembler code into the automatically converted program.

In this case you need a BAS800 Serial PIC programmer to program the PICs.