InfraRed switch

phillavery

I have a 14M running a controller for opening a gate. I would like to use a ricoh camera infrared remote controller to activate the gate. The controller emits a single solid pulse of about 0.5 sec. Using readadc and activating when the value is less than 50 works well. However, I need to be able to restrict the activation to this type of pulse only - not activate when a normal tv controller is used. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks

marcos.placona

But why can't you just use infrain? This way you can send your own code from device to device, and it can be encoded the way you want.

Another solution would using a RF module.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Or alternatively use PUSLIN and measure the pulse received from your particular remote control and if within certain limits do what's required or ignore it. Whether that will be entirely immune from TV and other remote controls is debatable.

INFRAIN won't work except for a controller sending Sony IR commands and only commands used to also control TV devices. There should be some commands which the TV remote won't send and equally won't interfere with your TV. You can therefore gut a controller and use an 08M/14M with INFRAOUT and use INFRAIN at the receiver.

Alternatively you can create your own IR protocol and bit-bang out an IR signal which shouldn't interfere with any TV and another to bit-bang receive which will be largely immune to other IR remotes.

marcos.placona

He doesn't seem to be too concerned about interfering TV's, but the other way round. I'm sure there's some unused commends using SIRCS protocol.

You can read a bit more about SIRCS here:

http://www.edcheung.com/automa/sircs.htm

I recently "talked" to a 08M using my Sony PSP (also though SIRCS), and didn't get any interference by RC's

phillavery

Infrared switch

Thanks to everyone who responded. PULSIN solved the problem very easily. By checking to see if the pulse is between 440 and 460 ms I can filter all of the (many) remotes around the house. So simple, I was not aware of this command. Thanks again