If then syntax errors

Tricky Dicky

I want to write to write an if/then statement to in effect depending on the value of a variable to change the output of two pins without affecting what is going on with other pins and just seem to get syntax errors. This so easy to do in a flowchart but in BASIC has got me at the hair pulling stage!

Richard

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Perhaps post the code which doesn't pass syntax check or a flowchart which shows what you want to achieve - and perhaps what that converts to as basic if it's not immediately obvious from just looking at that.

Tricky Dicky

Thanks bear and hippy, I kinda sorted out the syntax issue myself in the end, I was using commas instead of colons as separators and should have reported so sooner but after a frustrating evening with only partial success I packed up watched a bit of the goggle box and hit the sack thinking nobody would reply that late on a Saturday night, so sorry for putting you both to so much trouble.

Hippy my partial success relates to the "servo and servopos" thread and really could do with some help or pointers to get the solution required, so I will repost I that thread.

Apologies for troubling you both but it was just frustration I have been using flow charts for years but have been coming up against some of the limitations of that method. So I am returning to BASIC but to say I am a bit rusty is an understatement more like completely corroded.

So thanks and apologies
Richard

The bear

@Tricky Dicky,
No problem, me too. Glad you sorted it yourself, that is a good result.
hippy is the perfect gentleman.

Regards, Bear..