I want a 08M for Xmas!

The electric candles we buy these days are actually filled with a battery,chip and a LED.

Actually, the chip is playing 'Happy birthday' (in most cases that is). Looking carefully at the light you can see the flashing repeat itself after a while.

A picaxe can do this too, and maybe een better!

By using all tunes and changing clockspeed

Just use the standard minimum setup for the 08M and connect a bright LED in series with a 120 Ohm resistor to out 2 (Pin 5)

Now execute this programme:

main:
setfreq m8
play 1,3
play 2,3
play 3,3
setfreq m4
play 1,3
play 2,3
play 3,3
goto main

end

Merry Xmas to all !

Erik

ps. Still busy with my 'industrial' multiprogram MP3 player. Will post it here as soon progression is made.

moxhamj

I want some 08Ms too! But I'll probably get socks instead :( So many things get given at Xmas but I wonder how many are really wanted? My dad once wrapped up his own present Mr Bean style and was very pleased when he found that Santa had brought him 5 angle grinder discs.

Mycroft2152

After too many holiday presents of socks and other equally exciting things, I just take my wife or daughters to a store and point out "this is what i want for christmas!"

Simple solution and they get to wrap it :)

toxicmouse

nah, i periodically buy myself around 20 pairs of black socks. this reduces the itch of love ones to buy me any. november is a good time, before the spending season.

i don't do the same with Picaxes, but they have never offered to buy me any...

steliosm

Just bought my Xmas PicAxe present. I run out of 08m (ok, ok, I managed to burn one yesterday...) and I thought that they would look very nice on my tree :)
It's being a long time since I last pointed at a present to let 'Santa' know what I wanted.