I need the programming editor as a ZIP

D n T

My school system will not allow me to install the programmer because it is an .exe file and the education department has banned it from use as a blanket ban.
If you could zip the file I should be able to down load it.
I need to program 14m and 20 m chips.

By the way I am the teacher in charge of the subject, not some little pupil with an attitude.
I coulds get a copy tonight but I would like to do it today.
Thank you Tech

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Is the issue with installing a .EXE file or downloading the .EXE file ? A zipped version of the Programming Editor would simply be the BAS805.EXE in a zipped-up form from which you'd have to extract the .EXE to install so would still fall foul of an 'installing ban'.

The expedient course of action would probably be to zip the BAS805.EXE yourself from a home download.

The Programming Editor has to be a .EXE to install ( rather than a zipped set of files to extract to a variety of places on disk ) because installation does more than just place files on disk; it needs to register various support files and things with Windows in order to allow it to work properly.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Most school networks would not allow a .exe in a zip either, most zips are automatically scanned by firewalls. We suggest you download it off-site and then take into school on a memory stick.

BeanieBots

As a teacher, you could of course go through the 'correct' protocol:eek:
Get approval (from Head) then get IT to do the installation.

I've found that perpetual bombardment with such 'legitimate' requests often results in being given admin rights so that you "go away".
Try it. It's often worked for me:D

You should also push to have "Rev-Ed" as a recognised site permitted for .exe downloads and of course forum activity. Otherwise their 'activity' monitor will highlight the address and they'll ban that too.

Many IT policies have a default blanket ban on keywords such as "download" and "forum". It often just takes the right words in the right ears.

Do you have admin rights to your computer?
You might not be able to install it.

D n T

Got it, did it, have the rights,

Went to school with a copy, asked the IT guy if I could load it,he called me back in 5 minutes, I have admin rights now, tomorrow the world.
You are most wise in the ways of the system.
May you not get entangled in it.
Thanks.