I need help plz : )

UsmanRaza

i hav got a AT25FS040 SMT Serial Flash 4MB i would like to know how i can attach a battery to this chip to power it up and which one is the data wire to save the data inside the chip..... on the AT25FS040 SMT Serial Flash 4MB i have attach a pdf to it if u can have a look and help me out i would be very helpful to me

Attachments

Last edited:

demonicpicaxeguy

you're going to need to etch or buy a breakout board for it and mount it on that, i think sparkfun might have somthing that'll do the job

manuka

Attachments

Last edited:

UsmanRaza

soz one more thing

if i was attaching this to a calculater and were would i attach the battery to the chip which 2 wire do i use. and which 1 or 2 wires attach to the calculater
to save the numbers in the chip when i press a number on the pad school project want to get A star..

manuka

??????? I'm afraid this comment is confusing! How much PICAXE & general electronics experience have you had? What is the calculator you mention- how easy is it to interface to? Is the "A star" part of a marking scheme? Ahem- are you allowed outside help on the project?! Stan. - half a world away in New Zealand.

Last edited:

UsmanRaza

hope you understand manuka and thanks for replying to me

AT25FS040 SMT Serial Flash 4MB i got every thing done is just that i dont understand

if i want to attach AT25FS040 SMT Serial Flash 4MB to a calculater i cant attach olny a data wire to it i need to attach aaa battery to it to give voltage
so are u following. there 1 wire to get data from the calculater and which wire is that
and the battery wires? lolz therz 8 pin i need to power this flash chip and 1 wire to recive tha date in the flash which 1 are the

Attachments

Last edited:

manuka

This is NOT making sense I'm afraid. Have you checked the pinouts in the picture I attached? Some smart educational calculators allow external connections (Casio especially), but normally they're sealed tight. Hence WHAT SORT OF CALCULATOR ARE YOU USING ? Have you looked at the SPI links I mentioned? Have you worked with PICAXE SPI before? I for one can not read your mind - full details & perhaps an uploaded layout picture would help. Hence check the sample below for a past Casio graphic calculator to 18X trial by a fellow Kiwi- this is the sort of lucid layout that allows us to help efficiently!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jaguarjoe

Battery (+) is leg 8
Battery (-) is leg 4
Serial data from calculator into the IC is leg 5
Serial data out of the IC and into the calculator is leg 2

UsmanRaza

manuka

u can attach any calculater i wana find how to attach a 18pin chip to it lolz
and i got 1 more i hav got 1 of these vek8048 and the flash pic 18 pin can u tel me were to attach the battery to this chip and the which 1 is the data wire

Attachments

eclectic

Will not compute.

That is a Velleman board.

It will NOT link to a Picaxe.

It cannot be controlled by any Picaxe system.

e.

UsmanRaza

usman

the welleman board is for to read and write i need to attach the 18pin chip to a calculater can u tell me what pin to supply the power + and the neg -
and which 1 is data recive wire ... that wat i need

manuka

That kit you mention is intended for raw PIC programming => http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/prog/ck1700.htm. PICAXE chips (which are specially tweaked PICs) DO NOT need such an approach, as they are programmed via the esteemed (& free) high level Rev.Ed Editor using just a 2 resistor serial interface. This is a large part of their appeal & popularity.Ahem -you DO realise this? As this is strictly a PICAXE forum, if you're using raw PICs then -sorry- but you'll have to go elsewhere for help.

****** COULD YOU PLEASE -PLEASE- PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS OR I FOR ONE WILL GIVE UP! *****

1. Have you any past PICAXE experiences?
2. Your general electronics/coding background?
3. Any SPI experiences?
4. Nature of your project-level/deadlines/assistance allowed etc?
5. Grr- have you looked at any of the links we've pointed you too!?

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
if i was attaching this to a calculater and were would i attach the battery to the chip which 2 wire do i use. and which 1 or 2 wires attach to the calculater
to save the numbers in the chip when i press a number on the pad school project want to get A star..
You could just as well be asking, "How do I fit a bicycle wheel to my pet snake ?".

What you are asking for doesn't make much sense in that while it can be done it is unlikely to do what you want. It is not simply a matter of connecting a battery and connecting some wires, there is a lot more to it than that.

hal9000

I smell a GCSE student (A star is a top GCSE grade - GCSE is a qualification that you take in secondary school from the ages 14-16 in the UK)... from the language used and the bizzareness of the request i think its a lost cause :)