How to shrink a raspberry sd card down in size

jcat

Hi has any one able to help I have learnt how to make a .img file using terminal and have tried to use pishrink
It requires a person who is used to using terminal

I got around the problem by downloading and installing an old raspberry op system on a 8g card the new system needs to be install on a bigger card

when you go to clone a 8g card to a 8g card then it wont do it because the size of the card / the same happens with 32g cards

my starting learning was from http://www.aoakley.com/articles/2015-10-09-resizing.php

Thanks for any help cat

jcat

ok how do you use index page
I have just worked through a articular using PiShrink got to where it is ment to work and it shutdown saying the .img was all ready as small as it could be at 8.1G (
pishrink.sh: ERROR occurred in line 327: Image already shrunk to smallest size) where to from here ?

Flenser

jcat,

You are using the wrong forum. This is a forum for the PICAXE microcontrollers so there are plenty of people who can answer questions about problems using the PICAXE microcontoller.

You got to this forum somehow, perhaps by going first to the index page for the PICAXE forums.

If you click on the Raspberry Pi Forum - Index page link Phil posted for you that will get you to a list of the forums for the Raspberry Pi boards where you will likely get much more help with any problems you have using your Raspberry Pi board.