How to invert LCDs

jayanthd

Hello!

I wnat to know how to invert LCDs parallel and serial in the optoelectronics directory?

Thanks

Jayanth D

nick12ab

Um... 4069 inverter on signal lines...?

Can you be more specific on what you mean by invert? Input signal inversion? Colour inversion? Convert from serial to parallel? Something else?

nick12ab

I mean color inversion.
First, make sure that there aren't already and LCDs that have inverted colours and that there aren't any options for this in the properties dialogs for the LCDs.

If not: I don't use VSM so I don't know if it's right, but print screen an LCD with text on it and paste it in to any image editor that will tell you the hex colour code of any part of the image, then do a find and replace with that colour and the new colour in the library files for the LCD. DO this for both background and foreground colours.

jayanthd

How to edit colours in library files and which library files. Earlier I had converted a Green LCD to a Blue LCD in proteus, but the text was black. Now I want to convert the LCD to a background Black and text white. I have converted the background to black, but I want to know how to convert the text to white. Any text sent to the LCD should appear in white.

nick12ab

How to edit colours in library files and which library files. Earlier I had converted a Green LCD to a Blue LCD in proteus, but the text was black. Now I want to convert the LCD to a background Black and text white. I have converted the background to black, but I want to know how to convert the text to white. Any text sent to the LCD should appear in white.
I don't know how as I don't use the program, but shouldn't it just be done the same way as the background colour?

nick12ab

I thought it the same way, but the foreground colour option is disabled.
Can you make copies of all the files for one particular LCD display. Then on the originals, change the background colour to something else. Then use the comp command in the Command Prompt to find the differences between the current and old copy of the files and this will locate where the background colour settings are stored. Once you've located the background colour setting, the foreground colour setting can't be far away.

nick12ab

I don't know. The foreground colour change option is disabled.
I took this long to reply because I was hoping that someone who knew more about this would step in and help, but as they haven't then...
  1. Can you make copies of all the files for one particular LCD display. Then on the originals, change the background colour to something else. Then use the comp command in the Command Prompt to find the differences between the current and old copy of the files and this will locate where the background colour settings are stored. Once you've located the background colour setting, the foreground colour setting can't be far away.
  2. If '1' didn't work, then go to http://www.labcenter.com/ and ask there.

jayanthd

Labcenter people said that PICAXE VSM is related to picaxe.co.uk So, I have to get support from them and not labcenter. They said that Labcenter is for Proteus registered version. I'm using PICAXE VSM registered version.

Paix

Labcenter people said that PICAXE VSM is related to picaxe.co.uk So, I have to get support from them and not labcenter. They said that Labcenter is for Proteus registered version. I'm using PICAXE VSM registered version.

Jayanthd, you aren't asking for support from the Labcentre people, you are, I hope, asking for advice from their forum members, one of whom may know the answer to your question. Arguably more chance there than here. You don't have to wave your PICAXE flag when asking the Proteus VSM users about their experiences.

A bit of tact is required. Like not talking about your previous girlfriend to your latest squeeze. :)

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
It appears the fonts are hard coded and not changeable wthout the source code for that particular model. And that LCD model source is Labcenter's, not available to Rev-Ed, so it appears unlikely this is going to be possible.