Hippy

johnlong

Hi All
was just reading symbols and varriables and noted that premelec says in post 28
that he thinks Hippy has retired is this so
regards
john

westaust55

Seems the last post to date by hippy was on 11th June 2020 and his last visit to the forum was on 25th July 2020.

Gramps

Hippy's patience and long-suffering the past year with me, the slowest student in the class, was just wonderful!

johnlong

He has certainly being a solid rock for the foundations of this forum, with a great ability to think outside the box
(nay processsor)

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
PICAXE products are used extensively in schools around the world, and the global pandemic has caused many school closures in many countries for several months, which has had a significant effect on educational sales, both direct and via our regional distributors. Therefore a number of Rev-Ed staff are currently on the UK government furlough salary scheme. Sales are slowly improving now as many schools around the world start to go back to a new educational year, and all our staff will be back at work full time when the furlough scheme ends in October.

rq3

PICAXE products are used extensively in schools around the world, and the global pandemic has caused many school closures in many countries for several months, which has had a significant effect on educational sales, both direct and via our regional distributors. Therefore a number of Rev-Ed staff are currently on the UK government furlough salary scheme. Sales are slowly improving now as many schools around the world start to go back to a new educational year, and all our staff will be back at work full time when the furlough scheme ends in October.
hippy's phenomenal patience, technical expertise, and diplomacy (and his apparent ability to live on 1 hour of sleep per day) make him a true guru.
I miss his wisdom, and look forward very much to his return.

While I am at it, folks like Alleycat, kranenborg, westaut55, PhilHornby, and others too numerous to mention make this forum the unique place that it is. They tirelessly answer questions with no reward, other than the satisfaction that they have helped others in need.

Gramps. A special kudo to you! You bring problems that educate all, and do so in an entertaining way. Please keep it up!

mortifyu

Hippy... Upon Hippy’s return, someone at the top of Rev Ed should organise to double his salary. As I am sure very many would agree... Hippy is definitely worth it!

I for one have purchased many thousands of dollars of PICAXE chips over time and can say Hippy’s help beyond any shadow of doubt has contributed to this occurrence.

Hippy: A platinum level character in PICAXE land. :)

LIKE HERE to pledge your vote for Hippy’s salary increase!!!

Mark.R

hippy's phenomenal patience, technical expertise, and diplomacy (and his apparent ability to live on 1 hour of sleep per day) make him a true guru.
I miss his wisdom, and look forward very much to his return.

While I am at it, folks like Alleycat, kranenborg, westaut55, PhilHornby, and others too numerous to mention make this forum the unique place that it is. They tirelessly answer questions with no reward, other than the satisfaction that they have helped others in need.

Gramps. A special kudo to you! You bring problems that educate all, and do so in an entertaining way. Please keep it up!
Agreed on all levels, I wouldn't have learned what I have without the efforts of these people.

johnlong

I total agree without Hippy's patience and the other great members of this forum who work hard on our behaves
I like others would be like a fish without water
President Hippy has a nice ring to it
many thanks to all be safe

premelec

Hooray for all these good people willing to share their knowledge and a fond remembrance of Prof Peter Anderson who introduced me to the PICAXE. I have so many people to thank for helping me during my 74 year trip into electronic & programming magic!

Aries

In my youth (when I was in paid employment), there were people who could just about use a program (as well as some who couldn't, whatever you tried to do to help), those who could make the program work well, and a very few who could "make it sing". Hippy is one of those very few - ever since I joined, I have always admired the clever twists and creative thinking, as well as all his patience in dealing with our problems.