Help

Stug

I am struggling using the picaxe to produce a project with a student for A2 level DT.
Using a series of switches the idea is to press a switch lighting one of four LEDS. Once the LED is Lit the next switch in the sequence can be pressed, but must not light the same LED as in the previous switch. I know this sounds confusing but we are really struggling, and would appreciate any help either as a flow chart or basic. Thanks in anticipation.

bgrabowski

You need to let us know what determines the sequence. This sounds like the "Simon Says" example project. Have you looked at this? Click on Help/Picaxe 08/Exemplar projects in Programming Editor.

Stug

Thanks for the quick response. The idea behind the circuit is to act as a communication device for the disabled, each switch indicates a word in a sentence i.e I would like a drink. But with a lock out so the same switch cant be pressed twice in the sequence. Thanks I know it is difficult but can be better explained visually.

bgrabowski

Please tell us which Picaxe you are using. Please also let us know which input pins the switches are connected to and which output pins the LEDs are connected to.

Assuming the programme starts with all LEDs off and one LED lights when the first switch is pressed, what do you want to happen when the second LED is pressed? Do you want the first LED to be switched off or stay on? If you want it to stay on, how many LEDs can be on at once and how do you want to reset the sequence to all LEDs off?