help please

yurif74

hi all, i've a little question
anyone know about a "depressure sensor"?
i need a very simple sensor that should act like a switch, it should close when pressure is negative and open if pressure is 0 or more
any help?
thank you! :)

boriz

Less than zero pressure? Not in this universe. If you mean relative pressure, then just about any pressure sensor will do. Just Google “Pressure sensor”.

MartinM57

Google for the MPX4250A sensor - 0-5v analogue output and not that cheap, but robust and measures from 20kpa to 250kpa (where 100kpa is 'normal atmospheric')

yurif74

yes sorry.. i mean vacuum :p
thank you kevrus that switch is what i need
thank you again

@MartinM57: hi i've found some MPX10DP at very cheap price, do you know if may i use them? thankyou again

Last edited:

boriz

I’m sure the MPX10DP will work perfectly for many applications. But until we know exactly what YOUR application is, who can tell how useful it will be.

MartinM57

i've found some MPX10DP at very cheap price, do you know if may i use them?
As Boriz says really - they might be OK, depending on exactly what you want the pressure sensor to do.

Have a close read of the data sheet - a 30 second look told me:
- they are differential sensors i.e. they have two sides and the output voltage depends on the difference between the pressure between the two sides
- you would have to make sure you got the correct physical package for your requirements - there are several
- the output voltage range is about 20mV to 60mV which you may find difficulty with in terms of interfacing to the PICAXE, and require some sort of op-amp circuit to bring that voltage up to reasonable measurable values (and attention to detail in that amplifier to avoid introduction of noise/gain differences with temperature etc)