Help Me Please

kingngoyu

I need to create a light for my GCSE

I'm not sure wether to use a heat switch, that when you pass your hand over it, it turns on; or a remote control
If any one knows how these work could you please tell me how they work, and which would be easier.

Preferably I would also like to be able to vary how much light the lamp would output.

Thank You
(if you reply)

ylp88

I would think that a heat switch would be complicated, if not unreliable, and using an IR remote would be much more easy and reliable, if not for the added fact that you can control it from across the room without having to be physically close to the sensor.

Consider taking a look at the inbuilt IR commands the PICAXE has - infrain(2) and irin, as well as the IR tranmission commands offered, infraout. I can foresee that it should be easy to use these to implement up/down controls.

ylp88

frank_p

Have you checked picaxe_manual3 page 28 probably is what you want.

If it is not that i suggest you make yourself clear about what you exactly want because your question is so vague it can mean anything.

kingngoyu

"If it is not that i suggest you make yourself clear about what you exactly want because your question is so vague it can mean anything. "

Sorry about that.
I plan to turn this light on by using a IR remote, "using an IR remote would be much more easy and reliable",.
Don't worry i wil figure it out from here
but any expertise on how to run it would be appreciated

Rickharris

I need to create a light for my GCSE

I'm not sure wether to use a heat switch, that when you pass your hand over it, it turns on; or a remote control
If any one knows how these work could you please tell me how they work, and which would be easier.

Preferably I would also like to be able to vary how much light the lamp would output.

Thank You
(if you reply)
you will find this useful.

If you are unable to answer this question from your research and or teacher support then you need to consider doing something fairly simple so that you know you will be successful. You are aiming to attain a GCSE at a good mark rather than make something for yourself.

Use an LDR to make a switch that can be covered by your hand to provide a switch for the light.

Look up in ther PDF files how to interface the LDR, toggle command, Use LEDS for the light and batteries. Make a neat modern lamp using your research of existing products to guide you. Perhaps out of acrylic, if you have access to a laser cutter or iother CAD/CAM equipment so much the better.

Keep it simple, make it well - Ensure you follow the marking guide for your syllabus - you can down load it from the exam board web site. it will tell you what your folder MUST contain - Most of the marks are in the folder although you must make a working prototype of your product.

Last edited: