GLCD with RGB backlight

kevrus

A while ago, Andrew Cowan found a nifty 128 x 64 graphic display with RGB backlight, see this thread...http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10786

For anyone with one of these who wishes to drive it from the GLIC chip that Rev-Ed supplies, it should be noted that the pin-outs are different to the Rev-Ed supplied graphic displays, but more importantly, the 'chip select' (CS1 and CS2) signals require 'inverting' for correct operation. I used two old BC107s that i had lying around.

I havent tackled the touch screen yet and probably won't, at least not for a long time, but the RGB backlight opens up numerous avenues...

Attachments

westaust55

Looks good Kevrus.

The additional information (eg the CS1/2 polarity) may also help others through the initial hurdles in future

manie

Kevrus: I felt very much at home looking at the background to your LCD display, I mean the background with all the wires.... it seems lots of little wires poked everywhere is normal, not just with me... Looks good, let us know how it goes. A picture does transfer just that much more information at a glance does'nt it ?

kevrus

Manie, my breadboard nearly always looks like a birds-nest, usually worse than what is displayed in the photos!! A graphic display does transfer that little bit extra information...looks better as well. The Rev-Ed GLIC package is quite easy to use (has to be if I can do it) and does open up additional possibilities.