Get Your Avatars and Feel Alive!

techElder

With the new forum's avatar (thumbnail) function we can all be freed of our constraints! Here's a few samples, but get one that makes you feel like the wind is blowing through your hair ... even if the only way that can happen is if you raise your hands as high as they'll go and run around your office. :D

Perhaps something here inspires you to create something PICAXE BASIC!

tmfkam

Sorry, being the old grump I feel the coloured Avatars make everything look rather "Fisher Price". I keep looking to see if there is a rather more "sober" theme that presents the forum with less colour, and no (or much smaller) avatars.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Sorry, being the old grump I feel the coloured Avatars make everything look rather "Fisher Price". I keep looking to see if there is a rather more "sober" theme that presents the forum with less colour, and no (or much smaller) avatars.
It appears avatars are considered integral to the forum software so there is not a lot we can do about removing them or making them optional other than to suggest providing means to do that to the forum software developers.

It should still be possible to remove or shrink Avatars browser side with some Add On or scripting engine like GreaseMonkey. I haven't looked into doing that here but have done similar for other sites.

inglewoodpete

At some point in the future I'll add an avatar but I'm a bit selective. It's just not a priority for me.

Good on you Tex for promoting avatar use. But please don't hold your breath until I choose one - it might not be good for your health;).

The bear

@ lbenson,
Your picture made me smile, apart from the laptop, I thought you had been and photographed my workbench.

I like the updated forum, like Win10 it grows on me. (Not literally).

Regards, bear..

lbenson

Ok, Tex--is this better?

HelloWorld.jpg
(I'm not erco, so don't have anything as neat as the trash can crawler.)

techElder

Yes, sir! Even though we're "Senior" members, we've still got the stuff it takes to show off what we do! :D

Pongo

If you really don't want to play you can just upload a blank square and you will be incognito.