FTChipID.dll ?

CDRIVE

Over the last two days my Zone Alarm anti-virus has quarantined this file twice. Since Picaxe VSM is the only one of my Spice programs that automatically searches for and installs updates, I'm curious.... Is this a valid file that Picaxe VSM/ ISIS or Proteus is trying to install?

Thanks

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
This file is not part of the VSM installation, it is part of the Programming Editor installation.

CDRIVE

I did a search and got no hits. BTW, the full message from Zone Alarm stated: "Trojan Win32 Agent.etxw was found in C:\Windows\System\32\FTChipID.dll".

CDRIVE

Thanks for the info hippy. BTW, I have a copy of the Picaxe Editor on my wife's PC. She told me that when she booted up this morning she received a message that the editor was updating something. Hell, I didn't even know that the editor had an update feature, especially an automatic one! Her Zone Alarm didn't protest or challenge the download though and all seems well on her PC.

Thanks again.

Dippy

Sounds odd.

BTW: When I did a search on "FTChipID.dll" I got that thread mentioned by hippy (from only yesterday) ..... that's odd too.;)

CDRIVE

In post #6 I commented that I didn't know that the Picaxe Editor had an update function, no less an automatic one, but no one caught that. The "Update" option in the editor only directs you to the Picaxe web site. So, this begs the question: "Was this a malicious Trojan trying to get its hooks into this .dll" as Zone Alarm believes?