forum app disapeared from app store

tony_g

my wife finally got a lovely new ipad mini for her birthday last week and so i now have our old one for my use.

i have the forum app on my iphone and so decided to go to the app store to add it to my ipad, problem is that no matter what it does not come up at all when i search for it regardless of whether i search from the ipad or my iphone, has it been removed from the app store now?

is anyone else able to find it ?

Brian M

Top of this page there is a small banner with the heading "Download the Free Forum App". Is this what you are searching for ?

Just tried following the links and:

Can't locate the App Store but.

Downloaded a file Android app.apk via a link on the above banner link, but unzipped can't understand what to do with it.

I do find trying to search the various sections of Picaxe.com and the forums quite fragmented at times and often give up in exasperation. Maybe the authors can navigate around the .com/shop and forum sections easily, but for people such as I, who have other priorities and can't spend too long looking in secret places, I'm sure it could be made easier.

Last edited:

Roman505

Brian, that reference says:
The iPhone app is ... a free download from the app store (search ‘PICAXE Forum’)
yet if you go to the iTunes app store then searching for "picaxe" produces one bit of music and two books, but no app that I could find, so I think tony_g's question reasonable.

Brian M

Roman505

Couldn't agree more. I've edited my post after trying to follow the available information and posted my conclusions. Might need a "Dummies Guide to Navigating Picaxe.com" for dummies such as I.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
It looks like our annual payment to apple for the 'privilege' of being able to provide free apps has expired without notification, so they removed the app without telling us. We'll get it sorted.

techElder

While we're on the subject ... (probably a sore one for you guys) ... will there be any updates to that app?

It doesn't mimic forum operation completely, but it still is useful and appreciated.

jims

While we're on the subject ... (probably a sore one for you guys) ... will there be any updates to that app?

It doesn't mimic forum operation completely, but it still is useful and appreciated.
Something I have noticed on my ipad app is that often when there are more than 10 items in a thread the app doesn't let me see all of them. It will just "bail-out" of the app and it goes back to my ipad home page. Jims

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Now that Apple are £60 richer it should be back in the app store within a few hours.

The app is a product developed by the forum developers (vBulletin), all we actually do is brand it with the PICAXE logo.
Therefore we are completely limited to what vBulletin can provide (e.g. there is no native ipad screen size option at present).

However there is an update with a few bug fixes available, so we will look at publishing it soon.

jims

Now that Apple are £60 richer it should be back in the app store within a few hours.

The app is a product developed by the forum developers (vBulletin), all we actually do is brand it with the PICAXE logo.
Therefore we are completely limited to what vBulletin can provide (e.g. there is no native ipad screen size option at present).

However there is an update with a few bug fixes available, so we will look at publishing it soon.
Is this "update" imminent?
Thanks, Jims