For sale?

nbw

Hi everyone, I couldn't find a 'For Sale' section in our forum (do we actually have one?) so before I actually post a semi-commercial link, I thought I'd test the water.

I've just completed a series of humorous electronics pictures which through a website can be put on T-shirts, cups, mousepads, hats, etc so forth. I've attached a couple of pix of 2 so if folks are interested, and it's permissible, I'll post the link.

I haven't done a PICAXE cartoon yet as Rev-Ed might not appreciate that (maybe not?)

Anyway, I had a lot of fun doing them, so if you are keen to support or flick the link on to any friends / forums that would be amused / interested, I'd be appreciative. It may one day provide enough income for me to give up one of my part-time jobs as IT work / sewerage inspector / burlesque dancer for the visually impaired.

Anyway, thanks for your time! Barney

Attachments

nbw

Yeah I wondering about that Stan, thought I'd try this lot without and try to get the transistors etc to tell their story without facial expressions - but that may change! Here's 2 different ones:

Attachments

manuka

Yah-I love your avalanche diodes. See if you can do a kouru catcher (Kiwi talk for 1 way lobster trap) power diode equivalent !? The legendary Forrest M. Mims III produced occasional cartoons in his immensely popular Electronic Notebooks, & several stick in my mind decades later- especially one showing semiconductor thermal run away. I can sense you sharpening your pencils already on your version.

Dippy: Cartoons with breadboard may indeed tempt, especially if they're -ahem- data slicing.

Stan.

Dippy

Do a PCB with mini atom-bomb mushroom clouds , entitled "Manie's MOSFETs".

Or a picture of a schoolboy with a fishing-rod dangling a question onto the Forum ...

Maybe post some sketches and have a Caption Competition?

Dippy

Dunno about that Stan , but I wish you'd kept your fettish for Japanese sandals and thongs hidden from us!
I'll have to erase that vision from my mind.... :eek:

hwholmes

My motto is "Ohm is where the Art is"
We all seem to be getting quite a CHARGE out of being PLUGGED IN to this reVOLTing CURRENT subject.

Should someone be INDUCTed into the HALL EFFECT of shame.

Sorry but I didn't have the CAPACITY to RESIST!

Bert Holmes

Last edited:

Radarman2

That's ample enough out of you hwholmes, I'll have to be direct about this as I don't have an alternate choice. Oh well, guess I'll just solder on.
;-)

John West

Well done cartoons. Need one about letting out the magic smoke. Perhaps some sort of ***** appearing from the component smoke.

______
EDIT: Hmmm. I didn't put ***** (asterisk) in that last sentence. Very odd things happening in the forum.

Last edited:

nbw

cheers all! I have tons there. I was thinking of trying to contact Silicon Chip mag to see if they'd be interested in having a cartoon for each issue. It'd be free of course. Stan - would you know someone I could email?

It's amazing how different folks - both electronically-biased (haha!!) and not like different cartoons. My wife liked the truth table one which was kind of odd, and my 7 year old understood the bridge rectifiers one which was funny.

nbw

That image says "HTTP 404" :)
That's really bizarre! When I click on the link in the forum, it says 404 like you say.

But when I copy and paste it to a new tab in the browser, it works fine!!! How weird is that?!?!

Marcwolf

The humor (which is great) reminds me a lot of Brendan Ackhurst. He's a cartoonist that worked for many electronic magazines in Australia.
I remember a lot of his work from classics like "My Computer" and nowadays with "Silicon Chip"
Cartoons are a great challange at putting an concept into a humorous wrapper for folks of all technical experiences to enjoy.
Please keep up the great work. You really have a great talent there
Dave

nbw

cheers all! Hopefully SC magazine might be interested / able to find a small, spare spot for a bit of Ohm Art humour each month. I love doing them and would really like folks to get some enjoyment out of them too.

nbw

That's a good idea Martin. The place where I've made the other shirts 'n' stuff do calendars, just for interest's sake I'll have a go at one. <sound of beer opening>