Extra PICAXE Wizards

Hi Guys, great peice of software, however i can't get it to run under Windows 8.1, the application itself is acctually running as i can see it in the taskbar but when i click on it (as to run or use it) the calculators window will not load or appear at all.
I have tried using windows compatability trouble shooter but have tried every thing and still cannot get the application to run.
Any help or advice please?

Hi Guys, great peice of software, however i can't get it to run under Windows 8.1, the application itself is acctually running as i can see it in the taskbar but when i click on it (as to run or use it) the calculators window will not load or appear at all.
I have tried using windows compatability trouble shooter but have tried every thing and still cannot get the application to run.
Any help or advice please?
It may be that invalid location values are stored in the Registry. The only way I've been able to replicate the issue is by minimising the window using Task Manager and closing it in that state, causing silly values for the location to be stored in the registry on closure. PICAXE Calculator is not designed to be minimised in the traditional sense as it has a tray icon minimise feature which is not affected.

Open registry editor and go to HKCU\Software\PICAXECalculator. You should see entries for locationX and locationY.

With PICAXE Calculator closed, change the values of those keys to 0. Next time you open the program, it should appear in the top left corner of the screen.

It may be that invalid location values are stored in the Registry. The only way I've been able to replicate the issue is by minimising the window using Task Manager and closing it in that state, causing silly values for the location to be stored in the registry on closure. PICAXE Calculator is not designed to be minimised in the traditional sense as it has a tray icon minimise feature which is not affected.

Open registry editor and go to HKCU\Software\PICAXECalculator. You should see entries for locationX and locationY.

With PICAXE Calculator closed, change the values of those keys to 0. Next time you open the program, it should appear in the top left corner of the screen.
Ahh nice one man!! worked a treat, have the latest calculator working perfectly now. Thank you soo much