Error in Flowsheet

DoubleD

Hi all
I am trying to finish up a prog.

Had 3 separate flowchart sections of a program that all worked on their own.
One gave me some problem at one point but I was able to find the problem.

Now I have it all re done into one prog (couldn't import or Copy / paste between flowcharts , that was a bummer)
But when I do a syntax check or try to convert to basic I get an error message..

" Error in flowsheet. Not converted. "
But it does not give any indication as to what or where the problem is !!

Is there any way to find out what its finding ?

I have gone over it a few times and everything appears fine.
This is getting frustrating !!

Thanks
Dave

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Welcome to the PICAXE Forum.

Not sure what the problem is and Logicator should be giving a more helpful answer, usually highlighting the block with the problem or providing more information.

One option is to save and post your flowchart as an attachment ( Click Reply, Go Advanced, Manage Attachments ) and we can take a look at it to try and determine what is happening.

DoubleD

Thanks Hippy..
I thought it should at least highlight too.

here is one section of it that is giving the same error situation.

when it FIRST did it I declared the C=A0 after start and it said all was OK . Now it is giving the error again ...

Attachments

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
It seems to be somewhere around the call "AUTOTUNEB" command but not exactly sure where or what's gone wrong. It may be worthwhile deleting that section and re-creating it.

DoubleD

OK It works fine NOW.

BUT Didn't change ANY code.

I Opened the big main prog that this is incorporated into, checked it and it still had the error message.
SO I Moved the sections closer to tidy up the screen so I can try to print it .
Well after just re arranging the white space it now works fine.

So I went to the one I Posted here. I have tried Delete and rebuild on most all of it with no luck. SO I tried the Cut Paste on it too and tidied it up a little but it still had error.
So I was going to print it but the Start blocks were right on the top so I added a couple rows to it . The end procedure didn't follow right , Blocks moved but SOME of the lines didn't, so I undid the add rows and did a CUT on that procedure then added the rows then Pasted it back .....

NOW IT IS FINE !! ??????????????
:eek: :cool: :D but :confused:

SO I guess if it gives you the error box with No indication of where the problem is ... then it must be in the layout ?

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
The problem seems to be where connections have been made, deleted, and re-made multiple times so cutting and pasting may 'shake up' the connection lists so they make sense again when they did not before, or at least reveal those which 'don't make sense'.

We are investigating what the cause of the problem is but this is not that easy as it's a rare occurrence and, when we have an example of failure, it's not possible to see the history which led up to it.

Logicator is primarily an educational tool and for more advanced, complicated, and significantly complex programs it may be worth considering the Programming Editor and using the BASIC-style programming language. IMO, there comes a point where program complexity makes flowcharts less understandable and the program more difficult to follow or modify than the equivalent textual programming language.

DoubleD

Hippy ..
Good points
makes sense.

odd that it didn't fix it when I deleted and rebuilt. must have had some residual info stuck in memory for one of the cells that stayed when rebuilt. When cut and MOVED to different cell blocks then pasted again must have cleared it.

Yes Logicator is limited. but great learning tool.

I am just getting back into programing after 20yrs away from it. Go out of it just as Winblows came in.

Well if it helps any at least you now have a flowsheet with the problem in it to play with.

NULS_DT

Hi,
I read this with interest, I have had this problem many times. It is almost as though a section of the page becomes like the bermuda triangle, when the programme flows through it it just disappears. The only way I found around it was by making the screen size huge and moving the programme to another area.