Error after triggering simulation

sindlerji

Good morning everyone

First of all, i will explain what hardware and operating systems we’re on. Our school has computer terminals to access virtual PC’s on a server. On those terminals we have installed OS type: Windows XP embedded and on those virtual’s we got Windows 7 installed.

We have had some issues installing it on those virtual computers due to a problem with virtual hard drives. It refuses to call C: on those virtual machines because the storage is in a virtual environment and the device is not physical. Maybe if there is a way to set this default path to our network storage disk Z: (Where we’d install it, this could be viable option #1 to solve it). Do you know how to change the default path of picaxe to another storage?

As we struggled through virtuals, we decided to install picaxe straight to those terminals with Windows XP Embedded. There we ran into another series of problems. Windows XP Embedded is missing some libraries/files etc. So even installing was a pain, but after I got bold in my early 22 years we did it. We copied some folders from full version of Windows to solve installation which was problematic. That is solved now, the programme works! But if we try to use the Simulation we get another error with missing files/libraries – screenshot. Do you know or have a list of some kind of which libraries/dependancies/files are exactly needed to run picaxe? Copying those files could be a viable option #2, but I have no idea which files, etc. Are needed. Maybe you guys can help! 

I hope that you can understand me and not thinking about commiting suicide.

Attachments

sindlerji

We are troubleshooting this, because we can easily install the picaxe programming editor on virtual machines in a pool, but we can't see COM ports... That is why we need another solution, either running it from network install dir or installing it physically on a terminal... No luck yet, anyone has any ideas?