email from net server

Lucky Phil

Is it possible for net server so send an email?
What my purpose is to have a 16 pir sensors connected to the net server and have it send an email when it detects movement in a room.
If this will work please let me know or if there is a better solution i will look in that direction.
Thanks Philip

You're out of luck. It would be really nice if the PNS could act as a client, but it is only a server - see the post "PNS Sending HTTP post" for a similar enquiry. The alternative is to have your computer poll the PNS using HTTP GETs driven by a browser script. This'll mean you need to have a browser (or a VB app with a browser control embedded in it) running whenever you want to know the state - but then you'd have to have a mail client continually polling a server anyway.
Cheers
Simon

Just one more thought. If you really do need to generate an email and you can find a way of running a browser to continuously poll the PNS and you have a web site with PHP, then you can use the browser to pick up the status from the PNS and post the answer to the web site, where a PHP script generates an email. I can explain how if anyone needs to know!
Also, if you have your own web server you can use a "cron" job to do the polling, but I'm guessing that's unlikely.