Editor LARGE FONT Option?

erco

Is there a large font option in either PE5 or PE6? I'm doing some PICAXE demos at an upcoming Maker Faire. Limited table space, so I plan to have 2-3 11.6" laptops on the table so people can see how easy it is, even with a short, tiny program. Sure would be nice to grab passers-by with a giant font on the laptops. Pull 'em in for a quick BASIC coding lesson and make some PICAXE disciples out of everyone, especially Arduino users. :)

DO
INC B0
SERTXD ("HELLO WORLD ",#B0,13,10)

LOOP

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Holding the Ctrl key and pressing "0" through "9" will change the font size, "-" and "+" to cycle through them.

"Magnification", or something like that, under modern Windows will/should make everything bigger. I recall that's right-click on the desktop, preferences / display resolution. I'm not at a modern Windows PC to check it.

An easier way may be to craft a HTML page with large text, close the browser down when you hook someone interested.

Last edited:

erco

Thanks Hippy, the Ctrl-n press does work on PE6 only. I tried it before posting on a PE5-only computer and it didn't work.

Good call on the HTML page, I am also considering taping a paper flip-down page with big printed font to the laptop screen. Flip it back to reveal the editor.

Hemi345

If you have an Internet connection for these laptops, you could use the "Cloud Programming" interface (link at the top of this page) and adjust the browser zoom to ~200%

"Magnification", or something like that, under modern Windows will/should make everything bigger. I recall that's right-click on the desktop, preferences / display resolution. I'm not at a modern Windows PC to check it.
This doesn't work properly with PE6. I mentioned this in the PICAXE Editor Software forum: L I N K