Editor 6

Brian M

Editor 6 Panels Question

When running a simulation in Editor, If I hide the panels, how do I unhide them ?

Possible or not ?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Click on the tab at the edge of the screen.
Or use the 'restore default' positions button on the Simulation ribbon tab.

Brian M

Can't find a tab as described and I've tried restore default positions which also has no effect. Otherwise no obvious problems with PE6. Running this on Windows 7 OS, 64 bit system. Ctrl H doesn't work either. Tried it running a different program, same.

Brian M

When running a simulation of a .bas program, at commencement of the simulation the on screen displays are The program running the steps, a panel marked "Simulation" displaying information including the status of i/p's and o/ps on the particular picaxe chip and a further panel "Serial Output Buffer. The question is, if I hide these panels Simulation/Serial Output Buffer, which just leaves the basic program program running until "Stop" is pressed, in order to view the stepping program better. How, if possible, can I re-initiate the hidden panels without stopping the program and re-starting.

Hope that explains my query.

It's not a major problem for me but it would be handy to be able to toggle the display of these panels.

nick12ab

When running a simulation of a .bas program, at commencement of the simulation the on screen displays are The program running the steps, a panel marked "Simulation" displaying information including the status of i/p's and o/ps on the particular picaxe chip and a further panel "Serial Output Buffer. The question is, if I hide these panels Simulation/Serial Output Buffer, which just leaves the basic program program running until "Stop" is pressed, in order to view the stepping program better. How, if possible, can I re-initiate the hidden panels without stopping the program and re-starting.
As Technical says, click on the tab at the edge of the screen.

programming editor simulator 2.PNG programming editor simulator 3.PNG

But what is this Serial Output Buffer you talk about? The proper Serial Terminal opens if you use the serout command in the simulator. The Serial Output Buffer is a feature of PICAXE Programming Editor 5. Is that what you're talking about? in PICAXE Programming Editor 5, there are options to show the panels on the Simulate menu but they don't work.

Brian M

Apologies to everyone who tried to help. My mistake, I've installed V6 on a laptop, but reverted to another laptop to develop a program I'm working on and ran it on V5.

Oh dear, silly me !! Just blame it on age and senility. Hope you've all got a sense of humour !!

flyingnunrt

I was running sim the other day with a serout in it and when I clicked on the main window the serial Terminal panel disappeared,
but it was just hiding behind the main window. Opened back up easily from the Task bar.