DRF1278 tranceiver problem

mushroom

Hi folks. I'm learning from srnet's post at https://picaxeforum.co.uk/threads/lora-devices-for-long-range-wireless-applications.26481/ . I've set up hardware and software from this post, with a hardware difference. I've moved all non 'C bank' pins to 'C bank' except pin B.4. Works great and I've learnt heaps.
My problem is that for each 'Receive' there have been two 'Transmits'. Terminal program with transmitter shows payload contents incrimenting correctly, but on receive the terminal program shows payload rising two per receipt. Also the pxLED on the transmitter shows two flashes per single flash of the receiver confirming two transmissions per single receive. ANY IDEAS as to why?
Thank you Stuart Robinson for sharing your excellent works.
It's taken me 60 years to get a basic understanding of electronics and programing, probably owing to my disadvantaged childhood. (my daughter at age seven (now 10) told me my parents were mean to not give me an Ipad when I was a child). ??
Pete

premelec

OK I don't know much about this but any answer will move it back up... ;-0 sometimes two sends are used for redundancy check- you don't say if you have an actual "problem" - in any case it's hard to diagnose without knowing specifica code and settings of the units - sometimes there are echos used for various reasons. The bottom line is "are you receiving what you want to..." - I'm not familiar with the term payload in this context [perhaps buffer?]. Sorry you didn't get your Friden computer as a youth... I've still got an abacus - and some eyepads for my aging vision. Have fun!