Download error

dmcneill687

Hi

My class have been completing PICAXE projects and I have all but the last three working - they are giving the following error
"Verification Error - 0x00 transmitted but nothing received at byte 0"

Please help - it's nearly the end of term!
DMN

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

Download verification errors are usually the result of power supply problems. If using a battery supply try with fresh batteries.

dmcneill687

Hi again

I tried new batteries this morning, but am still getting the error. Sorry to be a nuisance, but any more suggestions?
D

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
As a shortcut to getting the remaining projects working you can remove the PICAXE chip from those boards which won't download, place them in boards which did, download the programs, then swap the PICAXE back when done.

Pre-assembled PICAXE boards should not have any assembly mistakes on them but self-assembly boards may have those, swapped components and shorts, and this can cause some errors. Which project boards are you using and what download cable (AXE027 is recommended ).

Tricky Dicky

The download verification error message also appears if you have a faulty serial out connection to the jack socket. Many of my students circuits have had this fault and the most common reasons are; the students have bent the pin under the jack socket whilst inserting it in the PCB or it has not been soldered properly due to the fact that the Jack socket has quite short pins and when not properly seated the pins do not protrude far enough through the PCB.

Richard