dot matrix tester

lake

hi i was just wondering if there was a program which you can test your dot matrix code on so like i write a code the load it up in an other simulator and run it looking at it like 8x8 dot matrix instaed of just the outputs you get on programming editor does anyone know of any programs like it

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Afraid not. The Rev-Ed simulator doesn't provide any output or interface which could drive any 'add-on' and there isn't anything else which simulates a PICAXE.

For doing this sort of thing I would write the program using a PC programming language and run it on the PC. When I had it working I would translate the PC program into a PICAXE program.

An alternative may be to set and clear bits in memory so that when you view memory in binary within the simulator the data bits look like the dot matrix would be; 1 is LED on, 0 is LED off. I'm not sure how easy that would be as I don't use the sumulator much.

lake

nah i was looking for something to test my program out fully on before i build it as im wanting to test it lol :p ive just bought the 8x8 screen and the breadboard to test it on and when iget it all woking i will post some pics up of it

bgrabowski

If you are prepared to write your programme as a flowchart, Crocodile Technology will allow you to simulate the hardware as the programme runs. This programme can also convert the flowchart to Basic.