Does anyone remember the PE5 Terminal Emulator ?

AllyCat

Hi,

Apologies for going back to the Dark Ages, but PE6 is just so SLOW on my humble, but portable, Netbook, and the PE6 "Desktop" TOO LARGE for its tiny (800 x 600) screen (and perhaps my non-20/20 eyes).

But in passing, is there a way to make the (admittedly far superior) PE6 Terminal Emulator window "Pop Up" (or is it called "regain focus" ? ) automatically when (or immediately after) the Program downloads? For editing with such a small screen, the Terminal window has to be hidden (it covers almost all of the screen), but then my PICaxe Program SERTXD "Welcome" messages (such as "Starting" , "Vdd= " , "Chiptemp= " , or currently "Beware the BPTRINC double-incrementing Bug" ;) ) are lost.

However, my MAIN question is: "Can anybody remember How (or quite probably IF ) it is possible to make the PE5 Terminal Emulator transmit ASCII Control Codes (0 - 31) or Extended Characters (128 - 255) to my target PICaxe?

Thanks, Alan.

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Can anybody remember How (or quite probably IF ) it is possible to make the PE5 Terminal Emulator transmit ASCII Control Codes (0 - 31) or Extended Characters (128 - 255) to my target PICaxe?
I don't think it can.