Do Robots dream of electric sheep?

GreatWhiteNorth

I'm working on a Wall-e robot and I thought I would share this. I found it amusing.

I'm using a 28x1 contolling 5 servos ( 2 tracks, 2 arms and 1 head). I have an interrupt wired to put Wall-e to "sleep". Basically it lowers the arms, moves the head forward, stops the tracks and executes the "end" command. I then use the reset to "wake" him up.

The funny thing is, while he is in this "sleep" state, his arms twitch every so often. Maybe every 3-4 minutes. This isn't a problem yet, I found it funny.

Maybe he is dreaming?

papaof2

Depending on the chip and the specific functions being used, there can be a servo "twitch" because the same timer is used for the servo command and som other commands. I know that serout (as in driving an LCD) caues a problem on certain chips. Check the end of the manual for a list of commands that may interfere with each other.

Or just tell people it's what an electronic "snore" looks like.

John
(partly non-functional tonight because of the pain in my shoulder from the steroid injection today, probably a little non-functional from the Rx pain killer that hasn't yet fully done its job, probably typing nonsense because I'm using the "wrong" hand)