Diptrace eli Library

westaust55

Had a go at creating a few components for the DIPTRACE libraries as a potential add in to what Mycroft has already uploaded.

Only five here covering the
1. 24LC256 EEPROM,
2. FM24C64 F-RAM,
3. PCF8574 i2c 8-bit IO expander.
4. MCP23016 i2c 16-bit / 2 x 8-bit IO expander
5. Elabs EDE1188 64-key keypad encoder

Found that some other components of interest such as the DS1307, DS1337, DS1338 and MCP23017 already exist in the respective component vendor libraries.

Change the .dsn extension to .eli to use.

A question - I was finding difficulty placing text to line up with the component pins well. Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to do this?

Edit:
Mycroft has sice created a DIPTRACE Project thread at:
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=78347#post78347
I have move my library there.

Last edited:

Mycroft2152

Westy,

Nicely done!

Pretty simple to create a new library, isn't it?

The easiest way to adjust the text placement is to change the grid size to something like 0.001", move the text then change the grid size back to a standard 0.10" or 0.05" grid.

Myc

wapo54001

My program (expresspcb) has a way to turn the grid on an off. I turn it off to align text where I want it, then turn it back on. Perhaps Diptrace has the same capability?

ArnieW

OK, this is one that I've missed. I thought I'd been keeping an eagle eye open for Myc's library but even after your post westaust and some good searching on the forum I still can't find it. I would second the sentiments about there being a specific place to file these things, but in the meantime can someone point me in the right direction? I've run out of ideas about where to look.

thanks, Arnie

Had a go at creating a few components for the DIPTRACE libraries as a potential add in to what Mycroft has already uploaded.

Only five here covering the
1. 24LC256 EEPROM,
2. FM24C64 F-RAM,
3. PCF8574 i2c 8-bit IO expander.
4. MCP23016 i2c 16-bit / 2 x 8-bit IO expander
5. Elabs EDE1188 64-key keypad encoder

Found that some other components of interest such as the DS1307, DS1337, DS1338 and MCP23017 already exist in the respective component vendor libraries.

Change the .dsn extension to .eli to use.

A question - I was finding difficulty placing text to line up with the component pins well. Anyone have a suggestion on the best way to do this?

westaust55

Westy,

Nicely done!

Pretty simple to create a new library, isn't it?

The easiest way to adjust the text placement is to change the grid size to something like 0.001", move the text then change the grid size back to a standard 0.10" or 0.05" grid.

Myc
Thanks Myc

I guess there is always a bit of learning to do. Changing the grid worked a treat and I have moved the text to be closer and more aligned to the IC pins. :)

Might add a few more shortly . . .

Last edited:

westaust55

Arnie,

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10480&highlight=homebrew+pcb&page=4

I think it's post #32

Myc

I'll set up a file in Projects for DIPTRACE files and put copies of the libraries there as well as some schematics and pcbs. Feel free to add whatever you want.

TANSTAAFL!

Myc Holmes

And Post 11 in that same thread has Mycrofts schematic eli library.
He have a very good collection of added IC's that are orientated towards the PICAXE (and similar) chips together with many supporting IC's not covered by the standard Diptrace libraries.