Digole 128x64 Graphic LCD Driver

rjandsam

Hi,
I have a Digole graphics LCD driver and I am driving it using its serial input and it works great, I just want to change the start up screen.
I have used the software that they provide on the website to convert the image but I do not understand the manual.
I have the data I want to send in hex format for an image 128x64 I just don't understand the lower byte of data length higher byte of data length and could do with some data lessons if possible.

Set Start Screen, 1st B is the lower byte of data length,
2nd B is the higher byte of data length, following by
data.
For mono display, the start screen is bitmap data;
For color display, the start screen is commands set, the
first and second bytes are the commands length.

http://www.digole.com/images/file/Tech_Data/Digole_Serial_Display_Adapter-Manual.pdf

page 7

Thank you
Rich

rjandsam

Yes the reply was page 7 in the manual I just thought that maybe I could get a few pointers here as the module is great im using it with a 20x2.

srnet

Not Sure what Rev Eds attitude is to support for these, the Digole displays are a competitive product.

rjandsam

well I guess if you don't have any pointers in this area with these drivers srnet im going to struggle, as you seem to have had the most experience with them.

Rich

srnet

Do remember that these forums are provided free for you to use by the manufacturers of PICAXE, and one of the products they sell is a similar product to the Digole display.

rjandsam

I do realise that and I purchase an awful lot from techsupplies but sometimes they don't sell an item that I would like such as a tiny 128x64 OLED display hence I have to buy a product elsewhere such as many do on this forum weather it be a wireless module,LCD or many other items I have seen discussed on here purchased elsewhere. If I have offended Rev-Ed or any other forum members I sincerely apologise, the support I have received from this forum has been incredible and I am appreciative of this hence the reason I am asking for a little advice on something that I really don't even need to change it was just something I didn't understand.

Rich

g6ejd

I have this screen, the format is:
SSSBBB so send it SSS then 00 then 04 then 1024 bytes of data

In binary LSB,MSB 0040 represents 1024 (128x64/8)

e.g.
SerOut LCD, T9600_16,("SSS",0x00,0x04)
SerOut LCD, T9600_16,(your data next all 1024 bytes of it....

Adjust your LCD and speed accordingly. e.g. 6 and 2400 or whatever for that display, mine has been set to 9600 default.

g6ejd

To test the image, I suggest writing a short programme to fill the memory with all 1's or 010101 e.g. 0x55

SerOut LCD,9600,("SSS",0x00,0x04)
For I = 0 to 1023
SerOut LCD,9600,(0x55)
Next

rjandsam

Hi g6ejd,
I tried the suggested code and it looks like it starts but then stops and I have no idea why, have you ever changed the background on yours?
this is what is happening.
Rich

SerOut c.7,t9600_64,("SSS",0x00,0x04)
For w0 = 0 to 1023
SerOut c.7,t9600_64,(0xdf)
Next
end
digole.jpg

g6ejd

Speed, try putting a delay (pause) after the SerOut c.7,t9600_64(0xdf) command, about 2mS to begin with, so pause 2. The pattern is correct, so your pushing too much data too fast to it.

rjandsam

Thank you. Adding a pause 100 worked, the screen is now full of the same repeated byte. Does this mean that when I convert my image into a 1024 I will have to put a pause 100 after each byte?
Rich

g6ejd

Don't know the exact value, but I suggest you vary your data byte value (to see a change) and try out pause 50 then pause 25 and iterate to a n optimised value.

There is little data available, but it might be simply a need to add another stop bit, which at 9600 baud would be 0.1mS so a minimum pause of 1 might be worth a try.