Developing board with 08M2 that can be inserted into the breadboard

Maybe it comes handy for someone.
There is an interesting board with 08M2 onboard that can be inserted into the breadboard. You can see it here: http://www.mo-na-ko.net/php/portal/viewtopic.php?id=3200

I use it myself together with breadboard and I like it very much. The advantage is that all pins are available in the breadboard and on the board itself as well. It is very useful when connecting servos because a servo is fed at the same time. I can post source files for Eagle PCB editor and circuit diagram if there is an interest. The board, therefore, can be inserted into the breadboard, used separately or used as a programmer. There is also version for 18M2 including source files.

inglewoodpete

Thankyou for posting your idea. I have been a member of this forum for many years and I love to wide variety of ideas that get published here. Thankfully I have Google Translate too. :)

Flenser

I'm also a big fan of these breadboard headers.

This is my home-made version using stripboard. The layer on the bottom of the stripboard is hot melt glue. It provides mechanical support for the square pin headers so that they don't pull the copper tracks off the stripboard as you insert and withdraw the header from the breadboard. I use a serial cable as described on www.brightsparks.org.nz so I only need a 3 pin header as the programming connector which helps keep the size small.
PICAXE O8M2 Breadboard Header.JPG

This is a 3D image of a 08M2 breadboard header PCB. I used this as a project to get some practice with Eagle CAD, Eagle3D and povray.
PICAXE-Breadboard-Header.JPG

Flenser

While RevEd didn't sell a DIP style of breadboard header, this PCB layout for a SIP style came off their web site. I don't think I've ever seen it discussed so I guess it wasn't very popular.
PICAXE08_PCB.JPG

WHITEKNUCKLES

In 2007 I started a thread about compact Picaxe boards for breadboards with some very interesting boards being shown by others.
I am not keen on pushing standard square pins into breadboards, I have heard of cases where this has overstretched the contact springs to the point where they are prone to intermittent contacts when later used with component wires.
The socket/pins from turned sockets have the advantage of preserving the number of available contact points.
I hope to upload a sharper photo to make the position clearer.

Dave

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?7784-Autonomous-08-sideboard-for-development

Attachments