Desperate for stepper motor guidance

nickwoodrow

Please could somebody spare the time to tell me if this stepper motor would be safe to use on a picaxe 18 high power board. With fets. Using outputs b0 - b3. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380407387570?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 I have fried a chip using another stepper motor I bought because of the high current draw. I have removed the wired link on the board from a previous project, would I need to replace it, if so with what, is it a resistor? can i keep the power supply separate as they are, even though I would only putting 4v through the Fets? Thanks for any advice, I am struggling to build a project that needs the use of a stepper.

Goeytex

The motor you linked to is a 4-wire bipolar stepper. This type motor needs a drive circuit that can reverse the polarity of the current through each of the 2 coils. Since the CHI035 only has N-Channel MOSFETs it is not well suited to your motor. However, with substantial modifications (New/ Different FETs) it could possibly be made to work as a simple bare-bones Dual H-Bridge / Full Bridge Driver.

But something like THIS would be better.